The Curtiss Oriole was flown by the 109th Observation Squadron in 1921. The 109th had no aircraft in their inventory. The Oriole was leased from the Curtiss Company located at the Curtiss Field at the corner Snelling and Larpenter in St. Paul. It was, also, the aircraft flown by Captain Ray Miller, LTC William Garis and BG W. F. Rhinow to Washington, D.C. to lobby to form a flying squadron in the Minnesota National Guard. The museum aircraft display is a non-flyable reproduction currently hanging in Base Operations building.